Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Hurry up...Slow down

Do you ever find yourself "wishing you life away"? I am assuming a lot of you do this. Why do we though? What is so distasteful about our life today?

I am excited about two things in particular today. First, the garden seed has arrived and I can't wait for spring to get here! Of course with spring comes longer days, warmer weather and lots of outside time for everyone! Who can argue with that?!

The other thing I am excited about is all the new school books and supplies that came in the mail this week for next school year. I know, it is a little early but part of that stems from my uncontainable passion for "a clean start". New school books and supplies are my "new box of crayons". But it is also the best time for me to start planning the next school year. You see once spring is here there is the garden, crops, flowers to be planted, little piggies to take care of (no, I not talking about my children;) library programs, swimming....well, you get the picture.:)

But, even though I can't wait for garden time and a new school year, once both of these are in full swing they will start to become the norm and it will get old and tiresome. I will be wishing for the next "big thing" once again.

So, although these things in and of themselves are not bad; just like anything, if I am not content with my life today it doesn't please the Lord. I guess I had better tuck the school books away for today and go get Little Man who is crying.

"But godliness with contentment is great gain."   2 Timothy 6:6

No comments:

Post a Comment