Monday, February 11, 2013

This morning, my three year old woke me up before my 5:00 alarm went off. He has an old notebook computer of ours that no longer works and so this is "his" computer. That is what he was crying for. His computer. I told him "no" which made his whole world fall apart. He cried, he yelled, and he woke up his brother. But, I stuck to my guns. He did not need his computer to sleep with. It was not the best things for him. I knew that, but he didn't care nor understand this. I fought the battle of the wills with him for over an hour. But, his little body could fight exhaustion no longer, and he finally went back to sleep. There was a point that I really wanted to give in just so that I could get on with my morning. But, I knew that I had to win and not give in. As ridiculous as I thought this argument was, I realized that I am the exact same way sometimes with the Lord. I really want something that I think I need or want and am determined to get it. I fight too. But, the Father knows what is best for me and won't let me have it. On occasion, I may surrender to His will but not always very willingly. Sometimes I am stubborn and immature like a toddler. I cry, I whine, I pout. I often think, "Why can't He see it from my point of view?" Because, He sees it from His vantage point and it is better than mine. Isaiah 55:8-9 (New International Version) 8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord. 9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. He has a plan for us: Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV) 11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. He protects us: Psalm 84:11 New International Version For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless. I was patient with my little one, after all, it was first thing Monday morning.;) But, I as I was tempted to loose my patience, I kept thinking of how the Lord is patient with me over and over again. Not just for an hour. Sometimes I throw my fit for days. Next time we are tempted to act like a three year old, let's step back from what we are holding tightly to and take time to listen to our Father. Ask Him what is best for us and TRUST HIM. After all, the Father really does know best!

No comments:

Post a Comment