Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Why Should I Worry?

Good Morning! I know I have been quiet for a while. Let me share what has been going on with me. Have you ever had one of those "scares" in life? It may be with one of your children, your husband, a parent or yourself. I personally feel I have had too many of them in the past year but, the Lord always teaches me something I need to learn through them so I will trust Him. Don't get me wrong, when I say "I will trust Him", it has not come as easily as just saying it. I have had to learn the hard way. The past couple of weeks I have not felt very well. This has been a different kind of not feeling well. Something I have not been able to put my hands on. To be honest, I believe I have made myself sick with worry. Have you ever done that? I haven't done this for a long time but now the tell tale signs are becoming familiar again. I know that whatever my body is fighting right now, I have magnified it by my worry about it. As a Christian, the Lord warns us against this many times in His Word. So, I started taking more of my spiritual medication and found relief through it: Matthew 6:25-27 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life? ... The whole chapter of Matthew 6 has so many truths to glean from. These words really helped me realize my worry was futile. After all, He is in control of my whole life no matter what. I can worry or I can trust Him and pray. But, how do I pray when something really worries me? Look earlier in the chapter. 9 “This, then, is how you should pray: “‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, 10 your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. 11 Give us today our daily bread. 12 And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. 13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one. First, I should give praise to Him! It doesn't say this should be conditional. Next, I should be praying for HIS will, NOT MINE. He has the best plan for me in mind. Every time I go with my plan, I fall short. We know this through Romans 3:23: for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. I know we normally think of this verse for sinners that don't know Him but, I am still a sinner. I am just a forgiven sinner. I still fall short on occasion because I am human. Only after our praise and adoration; only after asking for His will to be done in our lives; we can ask Him for our needs. We ask Him for strength for whatever He brings our way. We ask Him for forgiveness. We ask Him to deliver us. Deliver us from temptation, from worry, from Satan's ways. We may not be delivered from our physical ailment, from financial problems, or from relational problems. Why should we trust Him? 1 Peter 5:7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. Our Father didn't promise us that everything would be perfect in our lives. He actually warned us that we would face trials and hardship. It is how we handle them that is the true test of our faith. Will you trust Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment